Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dreaming of a White Christmas

In the tradition of my family, I travelled deep into the Bavarian Forest to pick out the best christmas tree that could fit in our apartment. I spent hours finding that perfect tree - absent from any tarnish or blemishes. I cut it down using my trusty Swiss Army knife and carried it on my shoulders for miles through feet of snow back to our car to bring back home to my pregnant wife as a trophy of my efforts and a symbol of my love...

... or maybe I just drove the 400 meters to the lot selling trees and brought it back. Regardless, I think I found a good one, and we had fun putting on the lights and ornaments. With the Christmas music playing on the stereo, we were definitely getting in the 'Christmas Spirit'.


While we were decorating the tree, our 'art' arrived. As a 'Thank You' for buying the condo, the builder gave us art. The artist actually came by and we discussed a bit what we were looking for. She then made for us a custom piece of art that goes perfectly with our condo.

We were a bit giddy of getting real 'art'...since both Eva and I are basically artistically inept.

If you like what you see, please visit the Andrea Zimmermann's website.

Above is our Nativity Scene that we got last Christmas as a gift from Eva's family. The figures are hand carved from the Bavarian Forest.
Gould Family photo 2006. We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: